Step 6 To Selling Your Home: Deep Clean
This should be done the day BEFORE the photography appointment. We want your home sparkling clean, especially the kitchen and bathrooms, as nothing turns a buyer off more than a dirty home. If you don’t want to personally clean your home, we’d be happy to recommend someone. We love Spotless Magic Cleaning Services. If you’d like us to do that, let us know and we can take care of setting up the appointment.
All staging and repairs should be done BEFORE they come over to clean. Once she cleans your place, please do your very best to keep it clean going forward. If it needs to be cleaned again at any point, just let us know and we can set up another appointment with them!
Here are some of the main items that MUST be clean and in good repair!
- Bathroom sinks/tubs/toilets and grout
- Kitchen sink and counters
- Inside of oven and microwave
- Baseboard throughout the home (clean and/or paint it!)
- Furnace filter
- Exterior mold/mildew
- Clean your carpet or replace it!
- Spruce up your landscaping
- Remove wallpaper - it's not 1982 anymore
- Pre-pack collectibles and family photos
- Replace burnt out light bulbs
- Replace windows that have broken seals
- Replace bad GFI outlets
Download our Guide to "Preparing and Staging Your Home".
Here is a simple "2 Month Plan to Sell your Home". Follow this timeline and you will be SOLD in no time!
Questions? Call us at 630-410-9601 or email rich(at)ayersteam.com.
GO BACK: to Main Page