Step 5 to Selling Your Home: Repair Time
If you did a Pre-Sale Home Inspection, we should already have a list of items that need to be fixed. If not and you have bad GFI outlets and your sink leaks, we need to know so we can have those items repaired BEFORE your home goes on the market. It’s better to get items fixed now before they come up in an inspection report and potentially scare off a buyer later. We have access to affordable repair people, electricians, handymen, etc. and am happy to make repair appointments and even be at your home to let workers in and oversee the work. In general, we always recommend:
- Touching up the paint in your home (or get rid of your favorite color from 1992)
- Installing new caulk around every tub and shower
- Hiring a professional HVAC company to service and clean both your AC unit and furnace
- Check all your interior and exterior GFCI outlets and replace the faulty ones.
- Hiring a company such as Fox Valley Carpet Cleaning to steam clean your carpets
- Making sure all light bulbs are working and that every light fixture contains the highest wattage light bulbs it can bear
- Having chimneys professionally swept and add a rain cap. If any brick is loose have it repaired.
- Changing outdated cabinet hardware in kitchens and bathrooms
- Get rid of the gold lights and door knobs!!
- Repairing any broken window screens at your local Ace Hardware
- Testing all smoke and carbon monoxide detectors to make sure they are functioning properly
- Making sure downspouts aren’t improperly sloped or damaged in single family homes. If they are, have them repaired.
- Repairing any damaged, broken or missing roof shingles if you own a single family home
Click here to see our list of recommend service providers such as handyman, appliance repair people, etc
Questions? Call 630-410-9601 or email Rich(at)ayersteam.com.
GO BACK: to Main Page