Now that your second earnest money has been dropped off and attorney review and the inspection period are done, it’s safe to hire movers and start packing! Call now to get moving estimates and secure a mover as they often get booked up weeks in advance. Also, if you’re moving into a condo building check with the HOA President or Property Management Company to see if you need to pay any move in fees, reserve an elevator, or if there are move in restrictions, etc.
Remember that you can’t move into your new place until closing is finished as that is when you’re given the keys. Unfortunately, we can’t reserve a specific time for closing in advance although we can request AM or PM. AM usually starts around 9am and PM usually starts sometime between 1 – 3pm. Allow 3 hours for closing, although we’ll hope to be done sooner than that. For instance, if your closing starts at 9am expect you might not be done until noon then allow time to get to your new place before the movers arrive. Usually we don’t know the exact time/location of closing until a few days before closing.
- Generation Movers, Inc - 815-782-4677 - http://generationmovers.com/index.html - Click to>> Get a Quote- Great family business! You can hire them just for labor or for a full-service move!
- M Ortiz & Sons Movers Inc. - 630-423-1945- This is a great small family business. View their Facebook Page
- Amenity Moving & Storage - 630.904.2300 - [email protected] - http://amenitymoving.com/
- Prager Moving & Storage Co. - 630-276-1200 - http://pragermoving.com/- Full Service, cross country movers
- The Professionals Moving Specialists - 888-225-7351 - https://www.thepromove.com/ - In Chicago only
Moving can be incredibly stressful on pets so consider having them stay with a friend or in daycare for a few days while you move and get settled into your new place.